There are 3 business visa categories M, F, and Z:
M – VISA: Issued to those who intend to go to China for commercial and trade activities (商贸).
F – VISA: Issued to those who intend to go to China for exchanges, visits, workshops, and other activities - excluding study.
Z – VISA: Issued to those who intend to work in China.
Short-term and long-term study visas are not included above - they belong to study visa categories, X1 (long-term study) and X2 (short-term study).
Chinastar Online could help anyone in US applying a M, F or Z visas. For US and Canadian citizens, M or Z visas could be valid for 10-years but a F visa is only valid for 1-year.
1) Please fill an official China Visa application form using a computer, print and sign it:
2) One 2"x2" color photo affixed on the Visa application form. The photo should be a US passport-style photo with both ears shown and without any shadow in the background.
3) Your passport. It should be valid for at least 12 months and have at least one blank "visa" page.
4) A photocopy of your passport ID page that shows your name, photo, passport number and expiration date.
5) A photocopy of your last Chinese visa if you had.
6) If you were born in China (Mainland, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau) and there is no previous Chinese visa on your current passport, you are required to submit your original Chinese passport or a photocopy of last foreign passport with a previous Chinese visa.
7) For a Canadian citizen/other country citizen, please include a photocopy of your US visa or your green card.
8) Invitation Letter issued by a business or corporation entity located in China. The invitation letter must contain the following information:
- Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
- Information on the planned visit (purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures)
- Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual).
9) For a Z-visa application, please include one of the following documents:
a) Foreigners Employment Permit of the People’s Republic of China issued by Chinese government authorities for Human Resources and Social Security, as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
b) Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
c) Registration Certificate of Resident Representative Offices of enterprises of foreign countries(regions) issued by Chinese authorities of industrial and commercial administration, as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
d) An approval document for commercial performances issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs or Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Foreign Affairs Office of provincial governments of China.
e) Letter of Invitation to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations in China issued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation;
We kindly remind that holders of Z Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of their entry, apply to the exit/entry administrations of public security organs under local people’s governments at or above the county level in the proposed places of residence for foreigners’ residence permits.
- Your passport must have more than 12 months validity.
- Invitation letter must have company letterhead.
- Invitation letter requires official stamp or seal.
- Your passport must have more than 2 blank visa pages
- Your passport photo have to be in color and professional taken
- Photocopy of your passport should be the first page with your name, picture, and signature
- Photocopy of your passport could be black/white, or in color
- Visa application form must be typed; hand-written form is no longer accepted
- Signature on the visa application form must be original signature signed by black or blue ink pen.
Please contact us for details.